my new tiger oscar is being lazy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aaronjohn20

Aquarium Advice Freak
He just hangs out in the air bubbles and also hides quite a bit. Is this normal for oscars? He comes out to eat though and doesn't seem stressed. He's maybe 2 inches atm

aaronjohn20 said:
He just hangs out in the air bubbles and also hides quite a bit. Is this normal for oscars? He comes out to eat though and doesn't seem stressed. He's maybe 2 inches atm

Hmmm, when I had an Oscar he was always about the front of the tank begging.... Is he a new arrival? What r Ur tank specs and parameters? Any tankmates?

Edit: just seen he is, in fact, new... Might just need time to settle in :)

I was thinking he just needed to settle in by what I've researched online so far. He and kermit (albino african clawed frog) are in a 10 gallon for now just because it was already cycled. Kermit left the community tank cause I am getting tired of fish just disappearing lol. Cycling my 20 right now. I figure I have a good 2 months to get them a bigger aquarium. Hoping I can hold off till the $1/gallon sale.

I was thinking he just needed to settle in by what I've researched online so far. He and kermit (albino african clawed frog) are in a 10 gallon for now just because it was already cycled. Kermit left the community tank cause I am getting tired of fish just disappearing lol. Cycling my 20 right now. I figure I have a good 2 months to get them a bigger aquarium. Hoping I can hold off till the $1/gallon sale.
your gonna need a 75 for an oscar

I wouldn't worry about the oscars behavior at this point. They have a wide range of emotions and behavior depending on a variety of factors. When first introduced, they tend to be shy and exhibit the behavior you described.

When I moved a 6 inch tiger Oscar to a bigger tank, he pouted in the back corner for the better part of two months. He had me convinced he was dying at one point.

5x5 said:
I wouldn't worry about the oscars behavior at this point. They have a wide range of emotions and behavior depending on a variety of factors. When first introduced, they tend to be shy and exhibit the behavior you described.

When I moved a 6 inch tiger Oscar to a bigger tank, he pouted in the back corner for the better part of two months. He had me convinced he was dying at one point.

Thanks for the help. I appriciate it

My oscar is starting to come out more and seems to be doing just fine. The wife fed him this morning and said he come up to the top when she opened the cover.

Back
Top Bottom