Never had a 100% ID on him yet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steelerfish412

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I've put this guy up a couple months ago and never got a positive ID. His colors have lightened up a lot and figured I'd try again. He used to be solid black but not its looking dark blue. These were pics today

image-649293428.jpg

image-3620317123.jpg

This last pic of him is from about 3 months ago

image-2544875491.jpg

So I've put this guy up a couple months ago and never got a positive ID. His colors have lightened up a lot and figured I'd try again. He used to be solid black but not its looking dark blue. These were pics today

Demasoni chichlid for sure!

I don't think that's a demasoni, usually demasoni appear to be black with blue stripes, IMO. Also they usually have 4 or 5 bars you can count. This guy has more, and there pretty thin. I could be completely wrong, I'm just throwing in my 2 cents, and I don't know enough to take a guess at what it is.

That's the first time I heard that. Before people were saying an all black bumble bee or a flavus. I dunno if its a demasoni tho cuz I the place I bought it at is a pretty legit place and they sell the aceis and demasonis for like 20 a piece and I got this guy in a mixed tank that was 3 for 30. It could've been a mistake a on their part tho. Right now is the lightest colors he's ever shown and I dunno if that cuz dominance or what cuz he gettin more aggressive with the others now. Before he was solid black that's why I bought him he was the only one like that.

He could be a hybrid? It would explain having some similar traits from more than one type. I have bumble hybrid fry right now. Maybe that's why he was in a "mixed tank?"

Looking up pics of the marmalade fuelleborni I think it is a hybrid of some type... I still think he's badass tho haha. The mixed tank means mad different types of them not hybrids. I've gotten most of mine out of those tanks and they look "pure" to me. Just bought the black one cuz he was unique

Well I have one and my tank guy called it a yellow top reef

Looking up pics of the marmalade fuelleborni I think it is a hybrid of some type... I still think he's badass tho haha. The mixed tank means mad different types of them not hybrids. I've gotten most of mine out of those tanks and they look "pure" to me. Just bought the black one cuz he was unique

"Mixed" usually does mean "different types" I've yet to see a posting on a lfs tank saying hybrids only lol! ;-) I'm not cutting down hybrids at all here just saying they're not always marked when you buy them.

Mom is an African bumble bee.. No idea on the dad lol! I'm waiting to see if the fry give me any clues.

That's wuts up I only had one bumble bee and I was hesitant on gettin him cuz of the aggression and I finally did and he got killed... Little bit ironic

How'd you make out on googling the one that was mentioned? Do they look the same?

Honestly every time some1 mentions a name to look up I do and they all look possible it's looks like a lil bit of each one

Lol I hear you. It's so difficult to know ALL the species. There are quite a few members here though that I almost think do! Myself not even close. I pick what I think has the best qualities (healthy,happy and hungry) pretty or unique is just a bonus lol!

Back
Top Bottom