new 125g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kjacks

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Im getting my 125g 6ft tank this week and would like to know what yall think would be some good ideas for adding stock to my current list i would like some different colors then yellow and blue .. also on filteration lighting and even some 3d backgrounds just whatever you think is a must ..

I currently am running a xp2 canister (im pretty sure thats what it is) 1 penguin 200 , 1 top fin 60 , and a powerhead (not sure exact details on it ) all currently on my 55g

I also have these fish already

1m 3f p. Nyerereis
5 yellow labs
7 mainganos
2 dwarf petricolas (plan on adding 4-6 more in the 125g)
1m cynotilipia zebroid yellow blaze
1m p.labidochromis chromogynos
1 alto. Compressicep red fin

I plan on using black sand which i might mix with my sand i have now (black n white ) thn i have cichlid stones and some slate bit need more rock

So any ideas will be much appreciated

I want more.compressiceps but from what i read i dont think i can have more of them plus im not sure if its a male or female ..

Im gonna add 2 more labs to so it matches the maingano number

Thought I would update for the ones who seemed to read n not give suggestions. I ended up taking Andrews advice since he is my go to guy anyway it just made sense and my husband an me really value his opinion. I basically wanted feedback to see what other fish people thought would be cool but whatever Im happy with my selections and thats all that matters ;)

Added
4- cynotilipia zebroid yellow blaze
5- pseudo chasoli
5- pseudo albino socolofi
5- albino ob zebras
6- ob mac (not sure of the spelling or correct scientific name)
2- syno petricolas

Possibly ordering
3f - paralabidochromis chromogynos
3f- alto. Compressiceps

I think that will more then complete my stock..

Hmmm.. not sure i have any ..

ForumRunner_20130401_234524.jpg

ForumRunner_20130401_234507.jpg

ForumRunner_20130401_234535.jpg

These are all i have gonna have to take some when my power comes back on .. i deleted the other ones .. the albino ob so far are my fav they are a neon orangish color.. the ones in the photos are in a grow out tank currently as they were tiny compared to the others i was sent

Tried to take some more pictures but they wouldnt stay still at all so best i could do for the ones in my big tank or these :/

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130403_215036.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130403_215036.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 96
  • ForumRunner_20130403_215019.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130403_215019.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 91
If i may ask how much did the Nyererei cost you they are beautiful fish

Thanks ... he is my fav and the one in the picture beside him too .. Andrews right she sells them like 3 for $20 or $25 .. I have a female holding now i got 4 from her but i lost a female today i guess from the stress of being without power for 48hrs :(

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130403_223735.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130403_223735.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 81
How does shipping fish work exactly I always get my fish from wet pets by Steve in Norman Oklahoma I would think being shipped would be harsh or kill the fish ? But every one seams to do it and it must work ok?

How does shipping fish work exactly I always get my fish from wet pets by Steve in Norman Oklahoma I would think being shipped would be harsh or kill the fish ? But every one seams to do it and it must work ok?

Well i dont know all the specifics but the fish are put in a bag with water then usually in a styrofoam lined box with a heating pad depending on the weather usually overnighted or next day shipping can sometimes be done priority mail depending on weather , distance, and the fish.. for example my alto. Compressiceps usually cant be shipped anything but overnight or next day bc they stress to much .. i have had all my africans cichlids shipped and recently some crawfish no doas yet

how does shipping fish work exactly i always get my fish from wet pets by steve in norman oklahoma i would think being shipped would be harsh or kill the fish ? But every one seams to do it and it must work ok?

image-1788008438.jpg

image-2195970736.jpg

Attachments

• image-557259596.jpg
    image-557259596.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 76
Back
Top Bottom