New 55G Freshwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AtoZ Cichlids

Aquarium Advice Freak
I will be getting a 55gallon aquarium soon and my dad plans on cutting a hole in the wall to place the tank in and build a drink bar infront of it in or main room. It will be accessable from the otherside via basement stairs. I suggested African cichlids and he really likes the idea of that. Ill be the one setting up the tank and decideing what goes in (as long as he doesnt disagree that is) But what would you guys recommend as far as fish for this cichlid tank (not a breeding tank, nor a species tank) I like the idea of a center piece fish but that can be a challange with cichlids. Let me know what you guys would like to do with this tank!

You really have three options with cichlids. You can go with an mbuna tank which is really the only Africans you can go with. You can go with a single larger new world or a pair or trio of medium cichlids. Lastly a community tank with some small cichlids as a center piece

So he wants this fish so I will probably take the advantage of this being a species tank and see if I cant get some breeding going on in this tank. I have no knowledge on this fish and plan on researching them right now. Also I wanna foccus on the these fish in this tank for a while... heres a pic.

Attachments

• image-3528413535.jpg
    image-3528413535.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 61
As far as I know demasoni need to be in big groups and are one of the most aggressive. They look amazing though

Back
Top Bottom