New fish and one FREE!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigMac

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I met someone from Craigslist to trade an old 10 gallon hob filter for 5 juvenile yellow labs. When I got to his house he showed me his show tank and I noticed he had a male Kenyi hiding. He had 3 Kenyi, 2 were male. He told me he was afraid this guy wouldn't last because the other male terrorizes him and doesn't even let him out to eat, the poor guy hides all day. So, he said if he would work in my tank I could have him for FREE! He's a nice, mature Kenyi and I already have 2 female Kenyi so I brought him home!!

That's cool!! Pics would be cool!! Kenyis are cool!!! Females are yellow right??

Here are some pics. It took awhile cause the new Kenyi is still in hiding, but he comes out every now and then. First 2 are of him, first is just him hiding in the rocks. Other pics are the juvie labs.

Attachments

• image-1860214418.jpg
    image-1860214418.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 94
  • image-3270313239.jpg
    image-3270313239.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 90
Couple of the labs.....

Attachments

• image-1203613052.jpg
    image-1203613052.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 91
  • image-3900772986.jpg
    image-3900772986.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 94
One more of him......

Attachments

• image-4038971140.jpg
    image-4038971140.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 85
Thanks! I think he is finally getting comfortable. He's coming out from the rocks a lot more and just exploring. He's now my biggest fish.

CraigMac said:
I met someone from Craigslist to trade an old 10 gallon hob filter for 5 juvenile yellow labs. When I got to his house he showed me his show tank and I noticed he had a male Kenyi hiding. He had 3 Kenyi, 2 were male. He told me he was afraid this guy wouldn't last because the other male terrorizes him and doesn't even let him out to eat, the poor guy hides all day. So, he said if he would work in my tank I could have him for FREE! He's a nice, mature Kenyi and I already have 2 female Kenyi so I brought him home!!

Kenyi can coexist with Yellow Labs? (or maybe I have the trace reversed?)

Yes, for the most part Kenyi and yellow labs should be fine. I already had a female Kenyi along with 5 yellow labs and a bunch of other fish. I added the male Kenyi and 5 more labs. The guy who I got the male Kenyi from had 2 other Kenyi and 4 or 5 labs and they were fine too.

Back
Top Bottom