New tank stocking plan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I had a spare large tank I would get another male t.buttekoferi, a pair of JDs and some large dither/target fish. You will fall in love with the tilapia. Awesome character.

The main problem I see with the tilapia is that continents are getting mixed. Buttikoferi are African, while basically everything else listed is south/central American. I can tell you for sure that the jewels (an african riverine species) are a bad idea with any of these fish as they max out at 4 inches. Convicts are a bit small too. The red devil is another bad idea, they become EXTREMELY territorial, usually claiming an entire tank to themselves. My own opinion would be to trade in the super aggressives and go with a peaceful cichlid community, like severums, uaru, geophagus, Cupid, keyhole, bandit, sajica, rainbow, Nicaraguan, etc. you will be able to have many more fish, including smaller cichlids with the bigger cichlids, like the uaru and severums. Just my two cents :)

Back
Top Bottom