New tank to set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Krylon spray paint works well. It worked well. Just make sure to tap everything off well before spraying. Your doing this indoors or outside?

I agree with Krylon for sure. I've cheaped out in the past once or twice and regretted it. I ended up with crappy coverage and some of it bubbled up off the glass. I use Krylon Fusion, but I don't have any experience with the other Krylon varieties.

When you get ready to paint, tape some newspaper onto the sides and over the top. That will help you keep the paint where you actually want it to go. LOL. Always use lots of thin coats and wait for them to dry completely in between. Thick coats of paint tend to not look as good. Just take your time and you'll do fine.

I can start working on that once this massive storm goes away. Not going to use spray paint in the house. That's asking for trouble.

KateWantsAngels said:
I can start working on that once this massive storm goes away. Not going to use spray paint in the house. That's asking for trouble.

I hear ya. I'm getting hit here in Westchester pretty bad.

Convict2161 said:
Getting hit hard again right now.

Hang in there. Hope you don't even loose power. We take it for granted the adverse weather conditions in other regions. At worse we get an earthquake once every long while. But not the relentless battering some of the country takes. Good luck.

Paxlerod said:
Hang in there. Hope you don't even loose power. We take it for granted the adverse weather conditions in other regions. At worse we get an earthquake once every long while. But not the relentless battering some of the country takes. Good luck.

Thank you. So far so good.

Yea I heard two tornados touched down in NYC. It's rumored one touched down near me here in buffalo.

KateWantsAngels said:
Yea I heard two tornados touched down in NYC. It's rumored one touched down near me here in buffalo.

Yea that's what there reporting. So back in track so we don't get your thread closed. You went with sand or no?

I went to lowes yesterday to find sand and they didn't have any that said aquarium safe so I need to try somewhere else.

KateWantsAngels said:
I went to lowes yesterday to find sand and they didn't have any that said aquarium safe so I need to try somewhere else.

Ok well keep us posted! I wanna see a nice full tank shot!

:)

I don't think it says on the bag "safe for aquariums" this is the quickrete one most of us use. Sorry if you already covered this and for coming in late. Anyways home depot carry the same one and on there page for this bag it says aquarium safe but not on lowes.

http://www.lowes.com:80/pd_10392-28...L=?Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&facetInfo=

I've heard from one of our members that this is safe aswell but I've never used it

http://www.lowes.com/pd_98545-286-1...L=?Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&facetInfo=

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom