Oscar dying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
there are no pesticide sparying here, i live in a rural area. surrounded by nothing but forest, if it is a parasite, how can i treat it?

i started him on a parasite fizz tab today, any clue as to how long it will take? im suppose to put more in, in 48 hrs. and i had to take the carbon filter out.

Yes, keep the carbon out while medicating. I am not sure how long it will take, it should say on the box. Make sure you dose when it says to dose, and to water changes when it says to do water changes. I hope the external meds help you, if he does indeed have a parasite.
Good luck. :)

thanks, it says to only do it up to 3 times, every 48hrs, and do 25% water changes before doing it, but it doesnt say how long it will take, just says use up to 3 times. in 48hr intervals........ he still isnt moving very much.. but earlier about 3 hours after i put the first dose in, another long white string came out of him... and he still hasnt ate...

Fish can go a while without eating, so don't worry about that too much, until it's been like a week and a half.
Ok, so 48 hours is 2 days, so you dose the meds for 6 days? Do the pwc right before the next dose like it says. If it says dose 3 times, it should be cleared up in 6 days, and if not, I would find some anti-parasitic food for him.

Back
Top Bottom