Oscar tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grannysneo

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 125 gallon tank that's been set up over a year . In it I have the usual mix of an Oscar , convict ect. I'm wanting to spruce my tank up. But every time I add a new artifical plant or something my Oscar treats it like a new toy at Christmas and it's fast destroyed by the pulling and tugging of it around. I do have a couple of pieces of fake driftwood that can't be moved ( I hope) . People with the smaller fish in their tanks don't realize " THAT THE STRUGGLE IS REAL " to have a pretty tank . Lol my rant for the day

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Oh, yeah. I totally hear you. When I first started my tank with my Tiger Oscar, I was determined to put live plants and tried it twice. I put them in no problem. The first set lasted a couple days. The second set lasted less than a couple hours with the Oscar staring at me as he's biting the leaves and about to rip them off.

Thankfully I've had better luck with fake. They'll dig up the bases, sure, but otherwise they're okay. Only issue I really had was keeping them clean

My Oscar pulls and tugs till they are moved where she wants them

See how artifical plants either beat down or floating or in middle of tank ?

Back
Top Bottom