other than pelco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a few the pleco when small is not a threat but when it reaches a certain size it will chase down the other cichlids and suck their skin.

You mean when it gets bigger it will suck your cichlids to death? That is not true at all. If anything cichlids will kill plecos. What kind of cichlids do you have? (African or New world) what size tank?

I have a few the pleco when small is not a threat but when it reaches a certain size it will chase down the other cichlids and suck their skin.

I have never heard of that at all. Agreed if anything the cichlids will kill your Pleco. No new world or African cichlid will let a Pleco suck them to death.

I do have to say that I have witnessed my large pleco pin down one of my discus to suck off his slime coat. However discus are not as aggressive and probably not as fast as other cichlids depending on what species ....

If it's new world I would say corydoras are best. For Africans I'd advise synodontis.

Hmm..usually the cichlids will be aggressive to plecos if they are smaller. And many time plecos will get their eyes ate out in the tanks. I've seen many eyeless and cyclops plecos in cichlid tanks and many in LFS. Are you looking for algae control or want a pleco or what are you going after?

Oh, I see what you mean now. Your title and the comment you had confused me. Syndon. Cats are the most compatible for bottom feeders in a African Cichlid tank. Americans have a little more possibilities..

Hmm..usually the cichlids will be aggressive to plecos if they are smaller. And many time plecos will get their eyes ate out in the tanks. I've seen many eyeless and cyclops plecos in cichlid tanks and many in LFS. Are you looking for algae control or want a pleco or what are you going after?

hi Actually looking for algae control

You don't need a fish for Algae Control.

Put lights on timer. Reduce to 6 hours a day IF you have too much Algae

Water changes and maintenance. Excess Algae means excess nutrients.

A clean balanced tank should not have Algae problems.

You can try Anubias plants tied to a log or decor.
They will compete with Algae.

Feed your Cichlids plenty of Greens n Veg and they may leave plants alone.

Back
Top Bottom