Over or under stocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

T-man02

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello i have a 75gal with fluval 405. My current stocking list is
3 firemouth cichlids under 4"
1 blood red parrot 3"
1 salvini 2"
10 great danios
3 clown loaches
Thanks

Well clown loaches get 1 foot long so it could be crowded

Clown Loaches need at least 150 gallons and groups. Otherwise, you should be good.

IME clown loaches grow very slowly. I would be more concerned about the salvini's aggression at this point. They grow at a decent rte and are more aggressive than any o the tank mates.

cbourg746 said:
IME clown loaches grow very slowly. I would be more concerned about the salvini's aggression at this point. They grow at a decent rte and are more aggressive than any o the tank mates.

Agreed. I've had clown loaches for a couple of years and they are only about 4 inches. While its good to plan for the adult sizes and have a long term plan, I don't think clown loach size is the most pressing concern.

I know they grow very slowly, but I just want the OP to be aware they are going to need a much larger tank.

I'd get rid of the parrot and call it a day.

Any idea what the sex of the salvini is? Mine were attacking and taking chunks out of a larger female festae initially, then SHE had enough and killed 4 of them within 13 hours. Salvini have some pretty decent sized teeth.

Last edited:

Lol so far the salvini is getting bullied but when the time comes ill rehome any necessary fish

I dont know it is just starting to color up

Post a picture if you can, they're pretty easy to sex even at a young age.

Females besides the black blotch on dorsal fin is the presence of a black spot on the operculum.

Below is a picture when my pair was around 2-3" they are much larger now and both sporting the extremely red stomachs with blue spangles, female in the front and male in the back and you can cleary see all the commons traits when sexing salvini.

27198-albums9290-picture38490.jpg

Post a picture if you can, they're pretty easy to sex even at a young age.

Females besides the black blotch on dorsal fin is the presence of a black spot on the operculum.

Below is a picture when my pair was around 2-3" they are much larger now and both sporting the extremely red stomachs with blue spangles, female in the front and male in the back and you can cleary see all the commons traits when sexing salvini.

Yeah I see what you mean. I can't get a picture right now but mine is still that brown color with the red just starting to form.

But look at the dorsal and anal fins. The male in the back has long flowing dorsal and anal fins, and the colors on the fins are much different. The blue spangling is much greater on the male than the female.

But look at the dorsal and anal fins. The male in the back has long flowing dorsal and anal fins, and the colors on the fins are much different. The blue spangling is much greater on the male than the female.

I'm not actually home right now or I would lol

Im assuming this is a female?

Attachments

• image-1560934528.jpg
    image-1560934528.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 64
Back
Top Bottom