Overly Aggressive Angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gibberwatt

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi. Been AFK for a couple months.

Anyway, I'm back, and good old Spaz (one of my angels), who I am considering renaming Jack-the-ripper, has struck again. first, let me give you a rundown on Spaz/JTR: He ripped a hole in Fido (male angel, who RECOVERED), and I think he ate most of my neons - the dissapeared, and he had a growth spurt, so what am I supposed to think. Now he has attacked his girlfriend. I guess he dumped her. I have him isolated with some larger tetras now, since I only have two tanks, and the big one now has both his angel 'buddies' a RTBS and some cories, and is too full to take tetras. I will include a picture, so people can tell me if it is actually Spaz/JTR, or if I should be treating some bacterial infection with a huge gestation period.

She's also swimming mostly on her side, and is floating very much. Is something messed up in the swim bladder area?

I don't like Spaz/JTR

29 gallon tank, with
originally, one red tailed black shark, Steve
9 neon tetras
3 angels (Including spaz)
one volunteer snail that I can never find

Then half the tetras went poof.
I moved them to a new tank.
next day, I found Fido half dead under a swordplant.

Now:
Steve
5 panda, 2 striped cories
2 angels (Fido, and Shadow, spaz is in the other tank.)
snail is still there?

And there were supposed to be pics, but they didn't load.
The visible injuries are on the upper right-hand quadrant of the fish.

Attachments

• DSCN0814.jpg
    DSCN0814.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 93
I don't think the tank is an issue - She has lived happily in it for two years.
And what does DEFS mean?

I;m not really worried about the injuries, since Fido recovered fine, bu tis there anything I can do for the air bladder? like, isolation and salt?

I'd have to agree on tank size. 2 Angels in a 30 is tight, 3 will create a big territorial issue. Especially if you have a pair that are bonding.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

I'd have to agree on tank size. 2 Angels in a 30 is tight, 3 will create a big territorial issue. Especially if you have a pair that are bonding.

thanks for agreeing treeman

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

DEFS swim bladder and not an appropriate sized tank

I third this. 3 Angels reaching maturity in a 30"x12" footprint is not going to work. A single mated pair may work but not enough space for territories for 3.

There was a single mated pair, and then one of them attacked the other. But I don't care about that. I will fix that later. What I carea bout is that I have the fish to fix it. How can I fix Shadow? That is the question. not 'is the tank the rights size?'
So answer the question I asked, not the question you asked.

... well stress from overcrowding, turf battles, and an improper tank size are harming him so there's your answer on how to help him

There was a single mated pair, and then one of them attacked the other. But I don't care about that. I will fix that later. What I carea bout is that I have the fish to fix it. How can I fix Shadow? That is the question. not 'is the tank the rights size?'
So answer the question I asked, not the question you asked.

If you did any research you wouldn't be in this predicament. If you were capable of asking nicely, I'd be more inclined to offer assistance but since your attitude has predetermined your existence, I'm done here.

My attitude is caused by people obsessing about the size of the tank and not about the size of the hole in her side, and also by my parents, who feel that I am overly snotty for a teenage boy.

I am sorry if I come across as pissy, or snotty, or whatever. I guess I have to figure out how to fix her by myself.

My attitude is caused by people obsessing about the size of the tank and not about the size of the hole in her side, and also by my parents, who feel that I am overly snotty for a teenage boy.

I am sorry if I come across as pissy, or snotty, or whatever. I guess I have to figure out how to fix her by myself.

For real. Put her by herself and do daily water changes. She will heal right up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

For real. Put her by herself and do daily water changes. She will heal right up.

Unless its something other than aggression this should do it.

Back
Top Bottom