Peacock cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Italy592

Aquarium Advice FINatic
There are so many kinds of peacock cichlids. I'm jus curious on what kinds certain people have n why they look like. If you Wana post your peacock cichlid !!

It's funny ur firefish looks exactly what mine does but I didt know mine was a firefish I didt know what it was at all u just helped me with it !! N ur blue regal is gonba be beautiful all ur peacocks are !!!!

Thank you! And yore could be a firefish or maybe an albino Eureka Jake albino. They look pretty similar, but I'm glad I could help. The blue regal looks a little dull in those pictures but he's coming into his colors.

Um mines not albino cuz its eyes are aren't red ya kno

Yep makes sense. Can you put a picture of it up? I'm really excited to see how mine turns out. His poppa was stunning so I'm hoping he will be too.

Nevermind. I just looked in your pictures. Defiantly a firefish. :) I'm jealous of the stingrays. How did you happen to get those? And what are their requirements? I'm jealous of them.

Well there requirements are near a cichlid lake Malawi n second it is a fire fish thts good to know n second can u help me figure out my other peacock tgt I can't did out what It is it's on the thread of can you I'd I made !?!?! N thanks my stingray is my prize in the tank !!!! Ha

How big of tank/food requirements do you have to have for that ray? I want one so bad and yeah I'll try and I'd it. It's on the cichlids thread page?

Go to the threads I posted on my profile n ull see it it's one d te recent ones n second I feed the all blood worms the cichlids n the ray m I feed the cichlids the flakes also

If your talking about the white one with the black stripe on it I've never seen a peacock with that type of coloration. So it might not be one. I'm completely unsure though. Sorry to not be much help.

Thts not the right thread it is called can you I.D. ( cichlid identification )

No not that I see n I didn't know they could get bloat from blood worms n what does it exactly do ??

Depends on the fish you have but most mbuna have really long intestines or something like that so it's hard for them to process the casings of the blood worms. Then they basically get constipated and bloat. You should do some reading up on it. I know there are some good threads about it on here I just don't know where at. And I'll look again for the id thread

Ok well they always get bloated at first web they first eat but they usually all goes away by the next time I feed em !! So I never seen a problem with tht

Ohh ok like I never thought it be such an issue my sting ray thts all it eats n my irredecnt shark !! N my cichlid will pick at it before the other two will er to it so I have to put enough in there for all ya kno n did u find the thread ??

Back
Top Bottom