Peacocks with Mbuna

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jmedic25

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I know that its not advised, but what are your thoughts on mixing in peacocks with Mbuna. I see many aquariums that do this. Most are large. How about in a 75? Thanks for your opinions. The Mbuna would be Labs, Demasoni, and zebras
Justin

It didn`t work for me.The mbuna completely overpower the peacocks restricting their growth and colour.IMO mbuna are just too boisterous for peacocks and those long flowing fins and tail are just begging to be nipped.

Jmedic25 said:
I know that its not advised, but what are your thoughts on mixing in peacocks with Mbuna. I see many aquariums that do this. Most are large. How about in a 75? Thanks for your opinions. The Mbuna would be Labs, Demasoni, and zebras
Justin

Mbuna range from mildly aggressive to extremely aggressive. For example, I have Yellow Labs (Mbuna) with Ruby Reds (Peacocks) and they all get along just fine in a 55 gallon. Demasoni are more aggressive and may not be able to coexist with Peacocks. A cursory scan of the Zebra family shows that they range form less aggressive to more aggressive as well, so it may depend on which Zebra species. I use www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles as my go-to site for Cichlid temperament.

Back
Top Bottom