Post a pic of your biggest cichlid/fish !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Couldn't tell you honestly. I've had him around a week, and the person I got it from had it for 10 months, who knows before that. He's 4.5" on tape.

Here's my wife's baby, not the greatest picture of him but it shows off some of his color very well. We've had him about 5 months or so.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1439555377.281942.jpg

Jesse

Couldn't tell you honestly. I've had him around a week, and the person I got it from had it for 10 months, who knows before that. He's 4.5" on tape.

Here's my wife's baby, not the greatest picture of him but it shows off some of his color very well. We've had him about 5 months or so.
View attachment 276546

Jesse

Awesome blue's and green's

Sent from my SM-G386T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Which one? The GT? They grow painfully slow so I do not blame you. I passed on a beautiful 7" male at my LFS a few months ago and kicked myself in the butt since then. My original GT has been with me ~5-6 months and hasn't grown hardly at all it seems! Here's a picture of it also, showing some dominance colors after a squabble with a tankmate. Pretty sure this one is female.

Jesse

Attachments

• 1439558756723.jpg
    1439558756723.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 69
  • 1439558768838.jpg
    1439558768838.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 78
Oh lol

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1439692578.814962.jpg

I recently got rid of him. Currently, i have a Male Green Tex and a Salvini that are equal sizes. At about 4-5 inches.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1439692660.062875.jpg

Don't have a pic of the Salvini. Just got him today. He has his own tank. I only bought him because he is so big and Salvini are rare near here. Especially big ones. He lives in a 29 by himself. Might try to upgrade his tank but not sure.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Why did you get rid if the oscar ? What is your stock in texas tank ? Im curious

Because i could basically only keep it alone in the tank. So i traded it in and since then have gotten:

6x Green Tex
2x FM
1x Synspilum
1x Blue Acara

They are all juvies in the 75. Im raising most of them until they are big enough to sell, so i can make a bit of profit. I plan to keep the best looking Tex, as well as the FMs in the 75. The Acara will go to another tank when bigger. The Synspilum is undecided whether to resell or keep in a different tank.

Also, might do the FMs and a breeding pair of the Carpinte (Green Tex) in the 75. Not sure as of yet. Either should work as long as i do my WC!!!

Yep thats why I'm still debating it. They can BARELY be kept alone in 75. They get pretty darn big... But i will keep it for the experience of it, and do what i have to when the time comes...

And my Salvini is very pretty. Its faded out right now but it still has intense reds and blues.

Back
Top Bottom