quick question about oscar and filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

egriffin1990

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a quick question I have a 30 gallon tank with a Tiger Oscar Royal pleco and a striped raphael catfish now I have 2 30 gallon filters in there but im gonna be expanding to a 50 gallon tank tall very soon I was wondering can I use the marine penguin 350 in the 30 gallon so I can get the bio wheel all ready to go so when the 50 is up im not gonna have any problem switching filters im just worried about to much water flow that my fish will be doing back flips is this gonna be a problem

I've got a marineland penguin 350 on a 20g so I would say yes. Take one of your filters out and put the penguin in. May I suggest trying to get atleast a 55g and to stay away from tall tanks. Your gonna want a tank with a large footprint. A 75g would be your best bet with your oscar.

well after the 50 is up for awhile I'm going go 100 gallon but need money plus the 50 should be fine its 18 by 20 and is pretty big i mean should be fine for now plus gonna make tunnels for the cat fish so the oscar will have the top all to himself

Back
Top Bottom