Ram Cichlid Help:)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jespenguin

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I've decided on a the Ram Cichlid (via suggestion on here) as a good centerpiece for my new 40gallon aquarium. I am moving 2 guppies and 2 neon tetras to that tank, but other than that I will be purchasing around these cichlids. I love the german blues and the bolivian, can I have each together? Or is that a no-no, and if so which is better for the community tank? What tank mates should I look into (wanting variety in color), and my research says lots of rocky hiding places and some plants, is this correct?

I have a german blue and a bolivian in my 55g with no problems. The bolivians are real shy from what I've noticed and mine just stays in back swimming from side to side. The german blue is very active and acts like any of my tetras

Just have hiding spots and they will both do fine. I really enjoy the personalities of German blue rams I have had. Have fun and Gooooood LUCK!

Did you mean a pair of each or one of each type? You could do 2+ females just no males, and I have heard that 40 gal. are enough to have 2 seperate pairs also.

I'm not set on anything really, just trying to pick the most peaceful solution, but I would like a few yes.

Back
Top Bottom