RIP Lucas Ralph Williams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium1

Aquarium Advice Addict
img_1096696_0_b76a2bd46759206638bdbb628d924d6e.jpg

Today around 5:30 I found Williams while rescaping my 55 gallon tank. Sadly he had a large scrape down his back and his eye was covered with a whitish layer and right beside it, a cut exposed the inner part of the eye and a torn back fin. I didn't want him to suffer any longer so I administered the clove oil/vodka euthanasia procedure. At 6:13 there were no sings of gill movement and Williams was buried at 6:56 PM. RIP Lucas Ralph Willams :cry:

sorry to hear that... wonder what happened? i think im starting to see some signs of aggression in my tank (ie 2 missing scales on one, saw two locking lips the other day) maybe you had two males after all?

That's a bummer! Sorry to hear it. :(

Thanks guys. Yeah I'm pretty sure I had two males. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if I had all males, but these two have fought the most ever since I've gotten them. I knew something was gonna happen but I never thought the more aggressive one would be the one to get hurt.

Sorry to hear about that Wayne. Praying that i dont have males i just added 3 red zebra with the Albinos in my 55

Indeed it is. Thanks. This was the first time I've ever used the clove oil/vodka treatment and I Would say it's probably the most effective and peaceful method of euthanasia IME. And I know it was a lot better than if I had left it to suffer.

Back
Top Bottom