Need Hugs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sorry about your angel,losing a fish is always hard,but after 6 years...

My eyes got misty from reading your post. :( Sorry about your fish! He was very lucky though, sounds like you took great care of him. HUGS!!!

The first thing I will do is post my favorite pic of my dearly departed Angel (which is the reason I even started this thread). Her name was Braveheartess. When she was a baby, we thought she was a male and she was so aggressive and not afraid of anything, so we named "him" Braveheart. But then "he" got older and.... laid eggs everywhere. So we changed her name. ;)

Attachments

• DSC_0051.jpg
    DSC_0051.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 75
This is a (slightly blurry- sorry) pic of our Cory Cat giving the new tiger barbs a tour. Its funny, it looks like he's saying, "Hey guys, follow me- let me show you around the place!"

9894-albums2252-picture14833.jpg

This is some of the new barbs and our new clown loach. As you can see, the loach is very similar in color and as a result - he's now decided to swim with them. And so far, the barbs seem to be OK with it.

9894-albums2252-picture14831.jpg

Here's a wide shot of the tank. Its a 30 gallon bow-front. And yes all of the plants are real. Its all java fern- the only plant I've had success with!

9894-albums2252-picture14832.jpg

And two more...

Here is a close up of the new clown loach - he is just over an inch long.

9894-albums2252-picture14837.jpg

And finally - here is all 5 barbs grouped together - for the most part. That one in the upper left of the picture (up above the log) has a tendency to wander away from the group and explore on his own.

9894-albums2252-picture14838.jpg

SORRY ONE MORE - when I went back into the room just now, my old clown loach had come out of his cave to rest out front. The 5 tiger barbs were clustered together behind him just staring like "OMG - what is THAT??? :eek: " - so I had to get a picture.

9894-albums2252-picture14840.jpg

Sadly the timer on the lights just clicked and the show's over for tonight. Sweet Dreams!!!

sorry to say it at such a sad time,but clown loaches need a 120 gallon tank at least

alLexX said:
sorry to say it at such a sad time,but clown loaches need a 120 gallon tank at least

Everything I've read said 75 for 3.. that's wrong?

Everything I've read said 75 for 3.. that's wrong?
maybe not,but if im not mistaken the OPs tank is a 30 bow front. imo they should have a large floorspace(they get like a foot long) so a 120 would be better,but a 75 might be okay

Oh ya I agree with you that they shouldn't be in a thirty. I was just wondering what tank size they should be in. But a 120 sounds about right.

Back
Top Bottom