Ropefish and convicts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mashpotatoes74402

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is this a possible combination or would they attack? I know they're territorial web they breed but. In general they seem pretty calm

What size tank?

I think it could work. Provided the tank size. Just make sure there are plenty of hiding spots for the RF, and that there are line of sight breaks between where the cons will spawn and where the RF would be chilling out.

44 pent. I pull the convicts before the get past a half inch. They treats for my Oscar occasionally.

Ok. What about a tropheus moori! I know it's an African. But he's about an inch and a half and all the convicts are tiny guys. And he's the most awesome African I've very seen

Just so you know the juveniles look different when they mature. As for compatibility I'm not sure. I know you're not supposed to keep them with mbuna without a large tank so I don't know how they'd do with an aggressive fish like a convict. You might also have issues with conflicting diets since they're from different areas. I don't really keep tangyakian cichlids so I wouldn't know. Sorry.

As for the tropheus moori, they do best in a species only tank.. They thrive in a colony setting of 12-15 in a group... I would stay way from them if it were me....

Back
Top Bottom