size difference in stocking.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would wait half and half just to let your beneficial bacteria and stuff catch up with the new additions

That's what I thought. so my limit is 15 even if I run 2 canister filters and maintain 50% weekly pwc's. Also should I do the fuellibornis ( I think I spelled that wrong lol) first then the kenyi and johannis or the johannis and kenyis first I only ask cause I know how aggressive johannis can be

Last edited:
I would add the johanni last. That way everyone else has a chance to know the lay of the land first. Also just cause of the size they can reach I wouldn't go past 15. At least until you know how everyone is working together. Then you can make the call in where you want to go from there. You will know your tank and fish better than anyone.

Mabey ill cut it down to 2 kenyi and 4 Fuelloborni that way ill have room for 1 more gold lab and then 2 other types of fish then and thank you for all your help it will be nice to finally have a properly stocked tank. I'll post some pics on here Friday of what I end up getting

So if I do that any ideas on the last 2 what would be some cool ones to consider character/color wise thanks again

No problem. I don't think that there is any one way of doing things so I try to help out with each situation the best I can. As for your other two its really up to you. With Africans there are so many different colors and personalities. I got some thickskins from a guy for $5 they are pretty cool looking. I also got an electric blue from the petco assorted tank. Just look around and when you find one you get live with out grab him ;).

Thanks do you think a couple acei would do ok or would they me to docile for the johannis and the rusty.and I def will post a before and after pic I'm meeting up with him Friday to pick some out.

Thanks do you think a couple acei would do ok or would they me to docile for the johannis and the rusty.and I def will post a before and after pic I'm meeting up with him Friday to pick some out.

No acei need more swimming space plus we try to teach people to stay under 5" with that tank size. So with that said I don't agree wit the fuelloborni either. They get big and 3-4 of them is just not enough space.

I'll look to thanks and the guy I'm getting them from had a ton of them in a 30 but there all 2-3" right now which may b why he's getting rid of them so cheap

See my problem is my current aggression issues so I really need to stock my tank up (thanks to my lfs I'm still trying to fix there bad info) I've been able to sell off two of my fish so far but the older they get the worse it gets my lfs wants an arm and a leg for cichlids and he only wants $2 ea am I better off selling all but my peacock and just starting over stocking them

Stocking it up can help but I would suggest rearranging your tank right when you add the new guys that should help keep the pressure of them for a little

I've been having to qt one fishfor a week every 3 weeks to heal fins and rearrange some main parts every time so I'm used to that actually like doin it sometimes. Since there small and cheap can I put them in there and when they get a certain size just sell them off. Or will that put too much stress on them

Back
Top Bottom