stocking help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Knereim

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm going to be starting a cichlid tank with my 65 and wanted to incorporate convicts but wanted some cool bigger guys like Oscars but I don't think my tanks big enough or even If they can have tankmates

They can have tankmates tanks nit big enough though and can you tell us the dimensions I suggest 1 convict, 1 green terror and a featherfin catfish.

I plan on planting it or waiting to see what fish I get to decorate it to their natural habitat I just want some medium to large cichlids. After having a community tank I want to try something new I only had a community tank because I rescued a large pleco but he passed away and am still trying to get that under control. Can black knife fish go with convicts.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120529_204155.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120529_204155.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 65
I plan on planting it or waiting to see what fish I get to decorate it to their natural habitat I just want some medium to large cichlids. After having a community tank I want to try something new I only had a community tank because I rescued a large pleco but he passed away and am still trying to get that under control. Can black knife fish go with convicts.

If the knife fish is big enough and has plenty of hiding places then yes... And oscars are awesome fish. highly suggest getting one.

Your tank is not big enough for a black ghost they can reach 20 inches and a con is to aggressive for them

Don't get a Oscar unless you only want one fish you could put 1 in there and nothing else.

Could I put convicts with a Jack demsy or maybe some electric blues?

No electric blues because they are African I think you could manage 1 convict try to get a male and a jack dempsey also you may be able to add a bristlenose Pleco or Raphael catfish

I would love to put a bristle nose. I just want a happy peaceful cichlid tank and I miss the convicts I used to have years ago. Lets just face it though I don't know much about cichlids as far as what types I can and can't mix.

I'm not even close to knowing a lot like most of these people here.......but I have green terrors with my convicts and they get along perfectly and I only have a 45........but tomorrow I'm rehoming my terrors to their own 55 cause they need their own space to mate.

I would just do a mid sized cichlid tank then you can get more fish that way so why nit the convict you want a firemouth Salvini cichlid and a BN Pleco with maybe a Raphael catfish I would try to get a spotted one unless is this tank 3 feet

my tank is 4 ft long but I would rather have few fish as they are my pets and I was pretty sad when my pleco died that's why I really want a convict because they live so long

Oh okay you could get away with a convict and the 2 other mid sized cichlids unless you want to do a all convict tank would look very cool

Green Terrors are cool fish. Can they live with Frontosas and convicts?

They can with convicts not frontosa and neither can the convict these are African

Oh OK kind of a dumb question but could my rainbow shark stay in the tank or my giant Danio? I have different homes lined up for them but was just curiour if my rainbow shark could stay mostly

You could keep both if you get 1 convict but then I would suggest getting like a firemouth not a large cichlid with the rainbow shark and giant danio

Back
Top Bottom