Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

palechek13

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 29 gal tank that is 8 months old. It is we'll cycled and I want to change it over to a cichlid tank. I currently have 5 gouramis 2 baby angels and a tire spotted eel. I plan on giving all the gouramis and angels away but I really wanted to keep the eel. Now the real question is... What cichlids would be able to stay in this tank with the tire spotted eel? How many could I have? I really want lake Malawi area fish if possible.

29g really isnt big enough for africans. Maybe for 1 or 2 peacocks or yellow labs, but there would probably be major territory problems. You would want a 55g to have more options. You could try smaller south americans like rams or apistos with your current stock.

The dwarf cichlids would be your best bet. The eel will out grow your tank eventually, so do africans when that time comes. Id do a group of about 8-10 small tetras and a pair of Pelvicachromis pulcher with the eel and enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom