Tank mates???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bambinojake

Aquarium Advice Freak
So i created a thread like this a while back but after a while no one replied. So i am going to try again, what other fish coupd i keep in my 55 gallon with my 2, 2 1/2 -3" jacobfreibergi peacock cichlids???
Thanks in advance!!!

these guys are relatively peaceful it shouldnt be kept with hyperactive mbunas or haps or any other aggressive or hyperactive fish.... these species of peacocks will be more calm and peaceful so pretty much with any other peaceful fish that get itz size or bigger or even a school of fish!!! ex: angelfish that are itz size or bigger with tinfoil barbs, id sharks, synodontis catfish

So the only tankmates i could get is more jacobfreibergi or schooling fish that get bigger than it???

I'm gonna go ahead and throw Kribs into the possible tankmate mix. They are another relatively peaceful African species (not from the lakes). Rainbow shark as well, I love mine.

well no like smcoyle87 said apisto work or maybe ram cichlids just nothing that get really aggressive hyperactive and could hurt it just anything peaceful

If i got a pair of breeding rams would the jacobfreibergis eat all of the fry???

I like breeding fish, so what type of fish is a good parent that could go with my existing fish???

Okay, so i realize that all the fry of any fish i breed in the tank will be eaten by the jacobfreibergis. Is there a chance i could get a larger tetra species???

these guys are relatively peaceful it shouldnt be kept with hyperactive mbunas or haps or any other aggressive or hyperactive fish.... these species of peacocks will be more calm and peaceful so pretty much with any other peaceful fish that get itz size or bigger or even a school of fish!!! ex: angelfish that are itz size or bigger with tinfoil barbs, id sharks, synodontis catfish

Angel fish would get there fins nipped off by his peacock

I advise no south american cichlids with african cichlids, only put africans with africans and south americans with south americans if you want a cichlid only tank...

well no like smcoyle87 said apisto work or maybe ram cichlids just nothing that get really aggressive hyperactive and could hurt it just anything peaceful

Rams would get eaten up but a krib would do ok if you have a large tank, how big is yours?

Back
Top Bottom