Trouble in the waters!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puffymcstuff

Aquarium Advice Freak
My acei is being ruthlessly chased around by my firemouth, they r the same exact size (but for the acei being quite fat) ANSI can't figure it out, please help.

Hex tanks are extremely difficult to stock, especially with aggresive fish like you have chosen. I'm afraid the fish selections you've chosen the aggression comes with the territory in smaller tank, a tank upgrade or rehoming some of the fish would be my only suggestion.

Last edited:
I made a similar mistake when I stocked my tank with a Green Terror. He lived up to his name and I ended up finding him a new home after watching him stress out the other fish for about a week.

I don't know what size your tank is, but you're likely going to need to rehome the problem fish or upgrade as Hukit suggested. I doubt these fish are going to "become friends" as they get bigger.

Thanks. But no thanks. I have no other options. So rehoming is out of the question. Anything else?

Would it help if I said that they were fine until I rearranged my tank ornaments. Earlier, before the rearrangement, they were all buddy buddy.

Thanks. But no thanks. I have no other options. So rehoming is out of the question. Anything else?

Would it help if I said that they were fine until I rearranged my tank ornaments. Earlier, before the rearrangement, they were all buddy buddy.

Rehoming is always an option between your LFS and Craigslist its fairly easy to find someone to help out and take in a fish or two. You moved the decor around disturbing their terrtories and inadvertanly setting of a new territory dispute/war between the cichlids.

Rehoming is always an option between your LFS and Craigslist its fairly easy to find someone to help out and take in a fish or two. You moved the decor around disturbing their terrtories and inadvertanly setting of a new territory dispute/war between the cichlids.

Agreed also as well :dance::dance::dance:

(oh!) And which ones would I rehome?

All the cichlids IMO, the hex tanks do not have the proper width and dept to support cichlids. Fish like to swim side to side not up and down. I would turn it into a community tank with smaller fish, I put recommendations for fish in your other thread.

Also, Petsmart doesn't buy back fish from you. Do you know of any places? Of not, should I just ask my friends?

Also, Petsmart doesn't buy back fish from you. Do you know of any places? Of not, should I just ask my friends?

IMO= In my opion

Petsmart doesn't but there may be a smaller mom and pop fish store in your area that will. Otherwise I would use Craigslist or ask your friends.

Mogurako said:
IMO= In my opion

Petsmart doesn't but there may be a smaller mom and pop fish store in your area that will. Otherwise I would use Craigslist or ask your friends.

Kk, and ok.
And craigslist is definitely out of the question.
Thanks.

Mogurako said:
All the cichlids IMO, the hex tanks do not have the proper width and dept to support cichlids. Fish like to swim side to side not up and down. I would turn it into a community tank with smaller fish, I put recommendations for fish in your other thread.

Anyone elses opinion, and what should I do with the picti?

Back
Top Bottom