Trouble in the waters!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mogurako said:
Why would Craigslist be out of the question just out of curiosity? I forgot about the pictus and pleco, those should be rehomed too.

My mom is spooked about craigslist, and I don't exactly trust it either.

Mogurako said:
You have to be careful for sure, I normally suggest meeting in public places with a friend or adult. You can also post ads in the classifieds on here.

Ok. Thanks. Anymore suggestions?

HUKIT said:
What about me? Why does my knee hurt?

Ha... Ha... Ha... I'm sorry I'm newer to this and making use of this amazing resource. No need to jibe. :)

Ha... Ha... Ha... I'm sorry I'm newer to this and making use of this amazing resource. No need to jibe. :)

I'm a simple county boy from Arkansas I have no idea what jibe is, actually had to google it. But it's a joke, I think I've answered alot of your questions. Good luck with the tank.

My mom is spooked about craigslist, and I don't exactly trust it either.

It's important to remember that Craigslist is not dangerous, people who abuse it can be, but only to people who don't take necessary precautions.

I'm from Maynardville, Tennessee.
I've done my share of bootlegging. Up 'ere, if you engage in what the federal government calls 'illegal activity,' but what we call 'just a man tryin' to make a livin' for his family sellin' moonshine liquor,' it behooves oneself to keep his wits.
~Lt. Aldo Raine

I understand the frustration of having of rehome something, but your original post doesn't really sound like you have any other options. If you choose not to rehome some of the cichlids, its probably just a matter of time until the subservient fish die and/or come down with disease that could infect the whole tank.

I'm not an expert or one of the more senior people on this forum, but I don't think the alternatives are pretty for your situation. Unless your extremely concerned about recouping the money, I would just donate to the LFS and move on.

5x5 said:
I understand the frustration of having of rehome something, but your original post doesn't really sound like you have any other options. If you choose not to rehome some of the cichlids, its probably just a matter of time until the subservient fish die and/or come down with disease that could infect the whole tank.

I'm not an expert or one of the more senior people on this forum, but I don't think the alternatives are pretty for your situation. Unless your extremely concerned about recouping the money, I would just donate to the LFS and move on.

Petsmart doesn't buy back, or take donations. And so i think that my only option would be to look for friends to take them.:/

Puffymcstuff said:
Petsmart doesn't buy back, or take donations. And so i think that my only option would be to look for friends to take them.:/

There has to be a store besides petsmart close by.

Mogurako said:
There has to be a store besides petsmart close by.

There is, it's called wetspot aquatics and I'm trying to get ahold of them.

My mom wants me to ask of I must rehome soon, or not. She wants me to wait it out.
But on the other hand, I understand that if I don't give them away, it could get bad and then it'll be too late.

You'll have to decide based on what you see. If you think the situation is really bad, it would be better to act soon. Also, what is the goal of waiting if out? I've never personally seen an aggressive situation become a non issue without making changes to the fish stock.

Is the acei showing signs of injury or not getting enough food? That would be an indicator to do spmething as soon as possible.

5x5 said:
You'll have to decide based on what you see. If you think the situation is really bad, it would be better to act soon. Also, what is the goal of waiting if out? I've never personally seen an aggressive situation become a non issue without making changes to the fish stock.

Is the acei showing signs of injury or not getting enough food? That would be an indicator to do spmething as soon as possible.

She thinks the problem will just go away after a while. The acei is only missing little nips at the back and top ends of both his tail and dorsal fins. But he still eats like a beast.

Back
Top Bottom