unknown type of cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joshbrennan06

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Was sold a cichlid labelled as a "bandit cichlid" which are known to be peaceful and shy however the fish I was sold has become extremely aggressive and terrotorial which is not what I expected I am on mobile and have not figured out how to post a picture of him but he shares similar markings to a bandit cichlid except the markings down the middle of his body is just a spot rather than a stripe that a bandit cichlid has.he is the most aggressive fish in the tank and is probably around 3" or 4" he attacks almost anything that goes near his territory so his behavouir leads me to believe he is not a bandit cichlid
Ps:any help with posting a picture is much appreciated

Did you end up with a convict cichlid? They have stripes and are very aggressive. Unless you meant the one you got has a spots.

Was sold a cichlid labelled as a "bandit cichlid" which are known to be peaceful and shy however the fish I was sold has become extremely aggressive and terrotorial which is not what I expected I am on mobile and have not figured out how to post a picture of him but he shares similar markings to a bandit cichlid except the markings down the middle of his body is just a spot rather than a stripe that a bandit cichlid has.he is the most aggressive fish in the tank and is probably around 3" or 4" he attacks almost anything that goes near his territory so his behavouir leads me to believe he is not a bandit cichlid
Ps:any help with posting a picture is much appreciated

use a third party site like imgur.com. they will provide links for the image. i personally use the one listed as BBcode. Copy and paste it into any of your post. if you are posting on an android or iOS device then maybe something like taptotalk might work better.

Did you end up with a convict cichlid? They have stripes and are very aggressive. Unless you meant the one you got has a spots.

No I'm sure it isn't a convict it is mostly white in colour and has the build of a geophagus species

4PrQRFB

Not a great picture but better than nothing

Back
Top Bottom