what could i get for a tankmate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am not trying to fight you. I'm just encouraging him to do research and what I have seen and read. Forums are just a swap of opinions and that was my opinion.

no fighting needed lol. understandble. yeah, research is your best friend! you can get alot more information from doing research one hour a day then what the lfs will tell you just so they can make a buck or ten lol.

just bring the oscar back if you can get an upgrade within a year though, and get somthing suitable for the 55.

explain one thing to me though? ok so the tank is 12/13 inches wide right? oscars can/will grow past that useally, so why have a fish that can exceed the width of a tank?

I've been breeding oscars for fifteen plus years and have rescued dozens including my current rescue with HLLE(who was kept in a 40B...18" depth) and keep in mind the fish can bend as they turn so it's not like they are stuck in one direction. I currently have three oscars over 13" and my male is over 14" so trust me a 55g fine for a single Oscar with nitrates below 20ppm and a healthy diet of pellets like NLS there will be no health issue.

well didnt know you bred and raised them for years. so ill agree with you then lol, sry if i sounded mean on here. just seen to many oscars with HLLE/HITH in a 55 gallon and less in my years of fishkeeping. myself included kept one in a 29 ( bad mistake as i though i was going to upgrade, but plans didnt agree with me. )

JB_convict_breeder said:
hm i would get rid of the oscar then, dont let the oscar suffer and risk becoming stunted ( which he will ) get a male jack dempsey or a salvini. ok do this

one convict
one fireouth
one male jack dempsey ( or female would be better as they stay smaller )

or

1 severum
1 firemouth
1 convict

just take the oscar back to the lfs plz

I'm not a complete noobie BTW

Back
Top Bottom