What should I feed them.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crazyfish123

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have a 600 gal. pond with an 2 tiger oscars 1 albino oscar 1 jack dempsey and 1 red jewel also a pleco. My question is what should I feed these fish to make them grow to their maximum size the fastest? Help me out please.

I found mixing live food one day pellets another and blood worms and brine shrimp anywho I always mixed it up with my oscars it sounds to me like time is all you need if you keep a clean pond is say in about 8 months the oscars should be around 8 inches and fat

I found mixing live food one day pellets another and blood worms and brine shrimp anywho I always mixed it up with my oscars it sounds to me like time is all you need if you keep a clean pond is say in about 8 months the oscars should be around 8 inches and fat

I agree 100% with xwing

Why not put some big catfish?

Sent from my PRO7D using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Maybe it was the animal instinct in me but I loved watching my oscars eat live I even feed them pinkies only about twice or three times a month as a treat and they loved me for it. :)

Maybe it was the animal instinct in me but I loved watching my oscars eat live I even feed them pinkies only about twice or three times a month as a treat and they loved me for it. :)

Do you feed them live pinkies? I don't think mine is big enough yet but that's something id like to try. I know my local fish store has frozen pinkies

Pinkies and goldfish feeders I never did it more because it's just not healthy to eat meat everyday I like balance so pellets and blood worms *** well

I try not to feed them live foods at all use to but don't like the dangers. I only ask about the pinkies because I'd like to treat him once in a while

Pinkies are basically baby rats but are commonly used in feeding snakes I found my oscars loved them too

Back
Top Bottom