Whats the best food for african chiclids?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not sure there's a "best" food per say. I use NLS, Hikari and Sera. I like to mix it up. U wouldn't want pizza every night.

NLS Thera A and Ken's flakes. Occasional treat of freeze-dried brine shrimp.

Not sure there's a "best" food per say. I use NLS, Hikari and Sera. I like to mix it up. U wouldn't want pizza every night.

As long as I don't say tetra flakes from petsmart!! I do the same. NLS, hikari, Sprilina flakes, blood and brine shrimp cubes. Some people believe hikari is a mess. All the same if you feed properly

My friends say I got a problem

Attachments

• image-1652273103.jpg
    image-1652273103.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 108
  • image-4041563637.jpg
    image-4041563637.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 111
I feed a mix of flakes, floating pellets and sinking pellets. Also every few days I will feed frozen blood worms as a treat and they absolutely attack them. Get a vegi clip and some seaweed sheets my cichlids like to graze on them thought the day , just make sure you take them out after about 8 hours.

It depends on what kind of cichlid you have. All of my fish get NLS. My frontosa and jewels get supplemented with brine shrimp, blood worms and krill.

Not mine they will just graze on it, the one that will ravage the seaweed is my Pleco about 8 inches and he absolutely loves the stuff!

I feed mine seaweed....emerald entree frozen food...nls and omega one small color enhancing pellets.the do love the nls most of all tho.

I fed mine NLS Thera A, Hikari cichlid excel, spirulina disks and blanched peas. They get the NLS the most. It's kind of weird but it smells better. More like its made of real food.

Back
Top Bottom