will they Mate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bg-mike

Aquarium Advice Regular
Somone said to me that the blue and yellow will mate have my Doubts

ForumRunner_20120616_192659.jpg

Attachments

• 20120610_212117-1.jpg
    20120610_212117-1.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 70
  • ForumRunner_20120616_192751.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120616_192751.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 80
Got lots of pics but she dose not like to take pics so they are all like that I'll see if I can get one later

I agree looks like a male peacock and a yellow lab, They are capably of breeding, nature will decide on if they actually do or not

Any mouthbrooder can breed with any other mouthbrooder but the $25,000 question is why on earth would you want the to?

HUKIT said:
Any mouthbrooder can breed with any other mouthbrooder but the $25,000 question is why on earth would you want the to?

Actually a good point, Thing is with making 'hybrids' is u get the fry and they honestly
Wont be the nicest cichlids in the world, the will get too big and u will end up giving them away and eventually they will sell and junk breeds will be everywhere.. Thats what some guy told
Me at a LFS. Idk if its true
But its definatly
A way to look at it. I can assure u the hybrids wont look as nice as u would think. But it is possible

Jacobsal91 said:
Actually a good point, Thing is with making 'hybrids' is u get the fry and they honestly
Wont be the nicest cichlids in the world, the will get too big and u will end up giving them away and eventually they will sell and junk breeds will be everywhere.. Thats what some guy told
Me at a LFS. Idk if its true
But its definatly
A way to look at it. I can assure u the hybrids wont look as nice as u would think. But it is possible

I heard at an lfs you can breed them back. Not sure if that's true or not.

It looks like a mbuna and peacock to me aswell

Does it look like one of these?

Tropical Fish for Freshwater Aquariums: Blue Peacock Cichlid

Or maybe it shows some red like this
Fish Profile for Peacock Cichlid, Peacock, Blue Peacock, Red Peacock (Aulonocara hansbaenschi)

Back
Top Bottom