Wolf Cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

millionpit@hotmail.com

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all--I am going to be starting a 90 gallon soon for my office and want to get a Wolf Cichlid. Am interested in anyones comments/opinions who have one or more of these. I have only seen them here on the internet, have searched most of the fish stores within 50 miles of home with no luck. Ive seen where they can get quite large, so I figured the 90 would accomodate one without a problem. Please let me know and if anyone has pics of theirs I'd like to see them also. Thanks

That is a HUGE species of cichlid. I don't think a 90 gallon aquarium is going to be able to house ONE of them when it is mature. We are talking about a fish that gets to be a couple of FEET long.

Ive seen where they can get quite large, so I figured the 90 would accomodate one without a problem.

I don't think that would be a good idea at all. Maybe just A youngster, but you should have atleast a 6 ft tank to begin with.

You do understand that this is the only fish/species you are going to be able to house in this aquarium?

Maybe someone with a 300 gallon tank or more could get away with it, but a 90? I really hope you either reconsider the species or the size tank you are going to purchased.

I do not have any personnal experience with this species, but from all the research I have done to aswner you question, I know it takes a rather LARGE tank to raise one or more.

I think you need at least a 180gal for a single Wolf Cichlid (I think its a Dovii right?). for a 90gal go with a Midas/Red Devil or if you can get a 120gal get a Fahaka Puffer (Freshwater).

Back
Top Bottom