Yellow lab cichlid! Need help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gatorsfishchannel

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey Guys! I Have a 29 gallon aquarium Ph 7.8 And I have 1 lava rock and 2 limestone rocks had them in there for about 2 days now Heres a video New Lava rock! And Plans! - YouTube

And i have 1 yellow lab cichlid in there ATM I want to get 2-3 More I dont plan on breeding them.. i just want to start on a new Fish level other then community fish like guppies neon tetra's and so on..

Any advice?

You're going to need a bigger tank. The yellow labs or L. caeruleus need a 4' long tank as the dominant male will establish a territory and then start picking on all the others. You're also going to need a lot more rock or other structures to provide hiding places for the cichlids. And, you just as well remove the plastic plants, as the cichlids will constantly uproot them and they will be floating around. Probably not what you wanted to hear eh? For what its worth, if you stay at only one and don't add any more, you're probably fine.

Wy Renegade said:
You're going to need a bigger tank. The yellow labs or L. caeruleus need a 4' long tank as the dominant male will establish a territory and then start picking on all the others. You're also going to need a lot more rock or other structures to provide hiding places for the cichlids. And, you just as well remove the plastic plants, as the cichlids will constantly uproot them and they will be floating around. Probably not what you wanted to hear eh? For what its worth, if you stay at only one and don't add any more, you're probably fine.

Totally agree needs so much more rocks and 29 gallon for four yellow labs is akin to a concentration camp for fish.

I have 13 cichlids in this 90 gal setup...

Attachments

• image-3477637692.jpg
    image-3477637692.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 82
Its worth it to mention that breeding will happen if you have a male and female lab. Assuming you have good water. They are a frisky fish..

Back
Top Bottom