Yellow Lab Tankmates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LilBangarang

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought 3 yellow labs about 2 years ago, but 2 have died and i wanted to get some more. Now that my tank has been moved to my new house I have been wanting to get some tank-mates as well as a few more labs. My step-dad has a friend who just bred a whole lot of white-tail aceis. What would be some good tank-mates for the yellow labs and white-tails. I was thinking maybe some rustys. FYI i have a 40 gallon with an undergravel filter and a penguin 400 and plan on upgrading to a larger tank soon.

Upgrade to a 75 before you add more African cichlids, acei are a fairly aggressive species and will need more space.

If you're stocking acei and yellow Lab's you're only going to be able to fit 1 more species. Rusties would be alright, or you could do a smaller species of peacock for color. I should have said acei are active rather than aggressive, they're about the same general disposition as yellow Lab's. I keep maingano and perlmutts with ruby red peacocks in a 90, no problems aside from conspecific aggression among the maingano.

Upgrade to a 75 before you add more African cichlids, acei are a fairly aggressive species and will need more space.

They're not really aggressive, they tend to do well with some of the calmer species, however their size and activity level is the issue as mentioned, and I agree, 75 minimum for acei

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Didn't see the second comment, my apologies

P. socolofi (Snow White) does well with yellow labs, and has a nice color contrast. I've thought about adding rusties in my 55 gal, but I also have red zebras. I wouldn't go with more than 3 species (~20 fish) in a 55.

Back
Top Bottom