young Oscar and Pleco....I'm considering potential tank mates!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

y2blade

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I will be moving my Oscar and pleco into a new tank in a few weeks once cycling has finished

I have had Oscars before but never kept them with other breeds of fish (apart from pleco's)

what other species should I be looking at?

thank you all in advance

:fish1:

update
from reading around on the internet I'm beginning to think maybe my new tank is not big enough for Oscar in the long run (from what I'd read in an old Oscar keeping book, a 4ft tank would be ideal.....obviously opinions change over time) so considering giving him to a new home and maybe go down the Cichlid community or dwarf Cichlid community route

really unsure now as don't want to keep the Oscar in a tank that is ultimately not big enough for him

I have a few weeks until my new tank will finish its fishless cycle, so have some time to weigh-up the options

My otherhalf took my young Oscar to Maidenhead aquatics today :(

shame he went, but it was best for him

I'm going for Community with a handfull of Dwarf Cichlids

That sucks, I would have bought another tank for the community fish.

I've only just bought the 48" one....don't have room for anything larger without major interior redesigning

I'll go for an Oscar again in the future I'm sure and I'll have a much bigger tank for him (y)

Back
Top Bottom