10 gallon ocellaris tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bigred is two tank bred ocellaris clowns good in your opinion?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

A 10g is enough for one clown but definitely not 2. I would go with at least a 20g tank minimum as your first salt water tank. The smaller the tank the harder it is to keep in line.

Okay thanks guys. I know this is goofy but my girlfriend is afraid one would be lonely. Lol is there anything else I can put in there so they aren't "lonely"

Okay thanks guys. I know this is goofy but my girlfriend is afraid one would be lonely. Lol is there anything else I can put in there so they aren't "lonely"

A skunk cleaner shrimp would be neat.

Would an ocellaris clown and a clown goby be pushing it also?

If you change out 20-25% of the water weekly you should be ok. The goby should go in first and give it about a month to get comfortable before adding the clown.

Okay thanks!

I have a clown, clown goby, and aurora goby in my 10 gal. I do about 20-30% water changes every week.

10 gallon nano reef

Am I crazy to attempt a 10 gallon saltwater?! I went to my lfs and the guy acted like I was stupid for attempting this. Am I getting in over my head?

Am I crazy to attempt a 10 gallon saltwater?! I went to my lfs and the guy acted like I was stupid for attempting this. Am I getting in over my head?

Not at all! Just keep up with water changes!

10 gallon nano reef

Thank you! I need all the encouragement I can get! Lol

Thank you! I need all the encouragement I can get! Lol

Lol. A 10 gal is pretty easy really if you keep up with water changes and regular maintenance. You can see mine in my thread

10 gallon nano reef

I just looked at it! Amazing! Now I've seen it multiple times why do people spay paint tanks bottoms?

I just looked at it! Amazing! Now I've seen it multiple times why do people spay paint tanks bottoms?

Thanks! I don't know why they paint the bottom... Mine is clear. I only painted the back black.

10 gallon nano reef

Honestly, if I were you I would go out and invest in a 20g tank. Since you already have the 10g you can use the 10g as a refugium to grow macro algae in. It will make your life a lot easier and allow you to get unnecessary equipment out of the display tank along with making your water more stable.

Back
Top Bottom