Here is my jump into reef JBJ nanocube 28 intermediate LED

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
image-400973671.jpg

Can anyone tell me what kind of brain coral this is? Space shotted at lfs.

Attachments

• image-666024811.jpg
    image-666024811.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 85
image-3099944889.jpg

And this is what tank looks like now with firefish and gramma:).
Would like to know what kind of brain I got so I can figure location, no wise cracks...
Also will frogspawn be good there?

Your tank looks a lot like mine as far as the rock work. The picture is a little small, but try a Lobophyllia spp. For your coral. It's ahard coral so it will need to cement it to the rocks or bury the "stem" in the substrate. Mine is buried. If it's the same as I have, I'm not sure how it will do. You have to feed it, if that's what it is. Look it up to see but there are dozens of color morphs, so you may still have to guess.

Well my tank is moving along I have a couple questions about my corals.
As long my frog spawn is out he is healthy correct? He gets pretty small when lights go out.
Now with my brain coral what am I looking for? The pink seems to be a little paler how do I know what it needs?
My mushroom was being silly (all shriveled up and center looked like a straw) so I moved her and now she is wide open.

Mushrooms like being on the bottom at the substrate. Mine are climbing the rocks now.
Frogspawn should be ok at this point. He may decide he doesn't like where he's at. How long have you had him?
You have to determine what coral you have. You can post a better, closer pic of it and maybe someone can nail it. Look up Lobophyllia and see if that's generally what it looks like.

I think it is a favia, I have a better pic in the id forum. Wife's iPhone takes great pics. Mushrooms were getting to much flow.

As the lights dim my frogspawn, hammer and torch all sink in some. Check out my thread if you haven't I posted some new pics of my new finger leather and you can see my other three mentioned above

Caught my CBS hanging out near my firefishes cave. Meanie. I got the firefish less then a week ago and he is still hiding in hole. Now I know why.
I thought my shrimp died last night but much to my dismay it was just a molt. I want to feed shrimp so he leaves fishies alone but don't want him getting bigger, catch 22.
Might just have to stick with fish I got and just get corals.
Yes engine you told me so...try saying that to your wife. ;)
If my CBS catches a fish I am gonna get a hawkish.
The shrimp is so cool looking and with the attitude also makes it hard to give him back.

Lol. I wasn't going to say it. Some people have no problems with them

Capncavey said:
Caught my CBS hanging out near my firefishes cave. Meanie. I got the firefish less then a week ago and he is still hiding in hole. Now I know why.
I thought my shrimp died last night but much to my dismay it was just a molt. I want to feed shrimp so he leaves fishies alone but don't want him getting bigger, catch 22.
Might just have to stick with fish I got and just get corals.
Yes engine you told me so...try saying that to your wife. ;)
If my CBS catches a fish I am gonna get a hawkish.
The shrimp is so cool looking and with the attitude also makes it hard to give him back.

Haha I thought my CBS was dead this morning too but it was his molt. Mine just hangs out under a rock all day. He comes out at night.

image-4233522557.jpg

His cave

image-2842205469.jpg

No I am not trying to ambush him...I am protecting him from cleaner

I know I am doing something right for inverts. My red hermit molted. Now just need to get my brain better, looking deflated

Got a coco worm and finger leather coral today. Thanks engine the lfs at the mall is awesome. How many fish store owners will tell you if you get a spotted jawfish with CBS you are giving shrimp $100 dinner? Great prices also.

Capncavey said:
Got a coco worm and finger leather coral today. Thanks engine the lfs at the mall is awesome. How many fish store owners will tell you if you get a spotted jawfish with CBS you are giving shrimp $100 dinner? Great prices also.

Glad you liked it. It the only one I will buy corals at.

image-2857498972.jpg

Where I am at now. Need to get snail for sand bed starting to get growth

Attachments

• image-3974438453.jpg
    image-3974438453.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 90
  • image-2533827193.jpg
    image-2533827193.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 75
Coming along nice. Through some hermits in and they will plow through any Algae you have on the rocks.

image-1697465903.jpg

I got a hitchhiker, can anyone tell me what kind of starfish? About a centimeter

Capncavey said:
I got a hitchhiker, can anyone tell me what kind of starfish? About a centimeter

I forget the name. It begins with an A. I have a couple

Capncavey said:

Asterina Starfish. Harmless, but can over populate your tank. No need to worry until you can't see through your glass. :) The few I got as hitch hikers have never got out of hand.

I just found a great way to calibrate my refractometer, you know all that condensation you get on your hood...see where I am going:) btw it's same temp as water in tank.

Back
Top Bottom