Jbj 30 rimless

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok. Should I add snails crabs anyway? Oh, also. Got some goodies coming tomorrow ;)

Fish are friends not food!

Wow I love how it puts stars. I've had mine for over a month and my tank is covered in it and killing my star polyps. My tank is over a year old too.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That's cyano. Mine is not that level. Did a 10 gal water change yesterday.

Igualmente.
Now back to the primary language here.
Any recent pictures 10g?
Any news in the frag tank?

Haha. No pics. Mini carpet is very happy! Frag tank looks better. Raised the rack 2"

Got some early birthday presents! Media baskets, filter floss, and 2 refugium lights! :D

A percentage is more of a guideline than a rule. I've read a few reef keeping books and they all come up with the same weekly water change of 10%. I have also read in the nonfiction part of the library that too big of a water change could be harmful to some sps

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

A percentage is more of a guideline than a rule. I've read a few reef keeping books and they all come up with the same weekly water change of 10%. I have also read in the nonfiction part of the library that too big of a water change could be harmful to some sps

Well, not everything you read is right.
It will only harm SPS if you get to the point that you are completely changing nutrients very fast. Especially if you changed salts while doing this water change. Thats when your up at 75%+ IMO. Or if your in a small tank. 30g is a stable enough amount IMO.

Nobody stated that a percentage was rule, except for you... Saying that they all said 10% is implying that it is the only way to go.

I appreciate the information, but I've been in this hobby for a while, and experience is worth much more then any information you can read.
I hoped that helped :).

Well, not everything you read is right.
It will only harm SPS if you get to the point that you are completely changing nutrients very fast. Especially if you changed salts while doing this water change. Thats when your up at 75%+ IMO. Or if your in a small tank. 30g is a stable enough amount IMO.

Nobody stated that a percentage was rule, except for you... Saying that they all said 10% is implying that it is the only way to go.

I appreciate the information, but I've been in this hobby for a while, and experience is worth much more then any information you can read.
I hoped that helped :).

All you did was restate what I just said. Big water change not good for sps..... 10% is a guide not a rule. I never said you have to do ten percent wc's. The question was how much water should I change. I suggested a 10% replacement because I think its safe to say if we took a pole on amount of waterchanged during regular maintenance I bet it's ten percent

Dang man your tank is coming along nicely. Get all the cool birthday presents you can while you're young. In a few more years you'll be the only one buying yourself birthday gifts. Hahaha! Growing up stinks doesn't it

Back
Top Bottom