Refractometer for dogs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dingusplease

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi everyone,

I have a cheap coralife hydrometer that I bought while purchasing a bulk of supplies for my first reef tank. However, I think it will be wise to have a refractometer to get more precise SG readings, especially since I have such a small body of water.

Anyway, I found a "portable refractometer" on eBay from DFS, for $8 plus shipping. It says it's for testing the SG and salinity of dog urine (???) It says it measures SG from 1.000 to 1.030. Sounds good to me, but I wanted to know what you guys thought. Would it work? I also am looking at a Milwaukee digital refractometer, but it would be nice to save $100. Any opinions appreciated :D

Here are some screenshots of the listing:

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388964255.659836.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388964268.824204.jpg

Looks to be the same exact model as the one marketed for testing aquariums. That's a steal of a deal.

Thanks guys! I think I'll be buying this one -- the sale ends tonight at 10:00 pm CST. If this one breaks I'm planning on just buying the Milwaukee, I've heard really good things about it from my LFS owner too.

Back
Top Bottom