Starting a 10-20gl qt tank NEED HELP PLZ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jonathan G.

Aquarium Advice Freak
k here's the scenario. I have a 75 gl with everything i need to set it up, just haven't yet. I was reading about quarantines and nanos and i was wondering if i could do one as the same, u know a nano/qt tank for my newcomers. Reason for this is that i dont want anything to infect my big tank and i also want a smaller tank for my bedroom. I was wondering if this would work and if so what kind of filter should i use on the tank? would a simple double bio-wheel work? I have a 1x65w pc sitting around so i know i could add some live rock and maybe some corals in time. Also would a DSB be better in a smaller tank or should i stick with caribsea crushed aragonite? If this idea works i would like to have a few lbs of live rock, some cleaning crews, and a cleaner shimp. I wouldnt have any fish in it except for the ones i buy and have to qt. plz give me any input or advice. thank you

are you going to use it as a nono or a QT tank? QT tank needs to not have live rock or much of anything. YOu are trying to keep parasites and the like out of your display tank. a QT tank is usually a 10 gal tank with a small HOB filter, heater, light and a few pieces of PVC on the bottom for hiding places. If you were to have to treat with copper then any inverts of good critters in a DSB or live rock would die.

just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom