xxlbreed 10gallon strp by step build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i guess its back to ace hardware for more ammonia :( do they have noseplugs?

Got some updates, going on a trip this weekend will post alot of info when I return :) including the sump build ;)

Hey guys I didn't get a chance yet to update on the build but ts done :) however I have a problem I got my cuc in there and some zoos that are all open and happy. I glued them to LR rubble and placed em all around the tank. However my Kenya tree I got looks dead and so does my green star polyp!!!! What's going on?? I added them day before yesterday but still nothing. Someone please help!! :/

Ohh and all parameters are good, sg 1.023-1.024, amm 0, nitrates 5, ...
When I got them I put them in a Lugol solution mix and fw to clean and glue them. Thy are just small ~1inch drags but still I didn't want them to die or want them..

Here's a picture with the new LR
Thinking of building a aquaclear 110 refugium with a miniskimmer, heater, light and, macroalgea.
That would keep the tank clean and neat looking. I'm looking at about another 220$ to finish my list, 80 without skimmer or hob fuge. Lets see what money can do...

The tank is looking good!(y)

You should initially get a rise in ammonia. That rise will then create a rise in nitrites and then a rise in nitrates. It's pretty common to have nitrates, as they are found in natural ocean water as well.

It looks like you are on the right track. Watch for diatoms - those are a sign you're on the right track :)

You should initially get a rise in ammonia. That rise will then create a rise in nitrites and then a rise in nitrates. It's pretty common to have nitrates, as they are found in natural ocean water as well.

It looks like you are on the right track. Watch for diatoms - those are a sign you're on the right track :)

I put all corals in after the diatom started turning to green algea..
zoanthids are doing perfect, kenya tree looks dead but is not rotting away, gsp is still closed and covered with some algea ..

Back
Top Bottom