10 gallon saltwater fish only tank, possible???? or insane

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mattt6511

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi i wanted to know is a 10 gallon saltwater fish only tank possible, i know they are very hard, im willing to check the chemicals daily and do weekly water changes and keep a close eye on it. The livestock would consist of one small clown and one small pepermint shrimp........ no more then that

Is this possible or am i doomed to fail, i understand things happen very fast in such a small tank...

What are the resons some people fail at this??

This is not my only saltwater tank i have 2 others. thanks.

You can do it, its just a lot of checking your chemicals. I know the smaller that tank the hard it is, but if you are dilligent I am sure that you will be able to do it.

Good Luck

Let us know how it turns out 8O

Its not doomed to fail, especialy since you have some expierience. Your bioload would be acceptable for this tank :) People keep nano-reefs with size or smaller

Keep the temperature stable, keep the water clean, and you're good to go!

Thank you, this is my question, if i tested my chemicals and they were a little off would i do a 10-20 percent water change, just like i would do in my 55 gallon?? i will be doing one once a week as maintance also.

As long as you are dedicated to it, you will be fine. Beware though, its addictive as you know. Before you know it you will have a Sea World sized tank like Brenden, LOL.

It's possible just stick with the stock your thinking of and add some hermits and you'll be fine.

I have one and it's a little overstocked right now and it's doing greatly with almost zero everything lol. Just monitor your tank everyday and keep adding water hwen needed. Evaporation is somewhat of a problem. If you forget about it for like 3 days a gallon wil go away and salinity goes up to about 1.027, not an entirealy bad thing but stressful on the fish. You just have to remmeber that in small tanks a little problem can turn into a huge problem the next day.

Like they said it is possible and I also wonder about the evaporation rate. If you could do a bigger one it sure would help you out as well as your tankmates

Back
Top Bottom