30 gallon reef stock ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SwimsWithFish

Aquarium Advice Addict
Stock idea for 30 gallon reef...

2 ocellaris clowns
1 bicolor dottyback
1 yellow prawn goby
Any ideas for a third fish?
Will the dotty back work? I heard it was a bit agressive.

Clean up crew:
7 assorted snails
5 cleaner shrimp
1 pistol shrimp
4 hermits

Corals:
3 Duncan's
1 hammer
A TON of mushrooms
1 toadstool

5 cleaner shrimp is excessive for a tank this small lol. I would do 2-3 MAX. my 75g had two until I moved them to my 40g.

As far as fish, I might get a blenny of some kind, but I just really like blennies lol

slitherbomb said:
5 cleaner shrimp is excessive for a tank this small lol. I would do 2-3 MAX. my 75g had two until I moved them to my 40g.

As far as fish, I might get a blenny of some kind, but I just really like blennies lol

But wouldn't the blenny and dottyback fight?

I think I've got it...
2 clowns
1 royal gramma
1 yellow prawn goby
1 flame angel or lemonpeel
(with caution)

Careful with the angel. I have a coral beauty and killed my chromis first, then my two clowns and watchman goby. Came home from vacation yesterday and it got my lawnmower blenny while I was away. Will be returning him this week. BTW I have a 30 gal.

Pschmitt said:
Careful with the angel. I have a coral beauty and killed my chromis first, then my two clowns and watchman goby. Came home from vacation yesterday and it got my lawnmower blenny while I was away. Will be returning him this week. BTW I have a 30 gal.

That's a little scary. Thanks I'll keep that in mind.

Back
Top Bottom