75 gallon stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquanoob1121

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all.

Not a beginner, not an expert here.
Setting up a 75 gallon moderately planted tank with plenty of Driftwood and Stone throughout. Looking for stocking ideas for a peaceful community setup.
I really like, but am not limited to the following:
1 or a pair of Red head tapajos
6 or so Angels
6 or so Bolivian Rams
8-10 bronze Cory cats
8-10 turquoise rainbows
10 medium to bigger tetras
2 pleco
Various snails

I'd like to see some red cherry shrimp in there also, but doubtful they would survive with that livestock list in guessing.

Anyone have any suggestions on whether that combo would work?
I was also thinking:
Same as above for red head tapajos, Angels, cory cats and pleco... No Rams or rainbows.. have a huge school of the tetras, like 30 or so..

Any help is appreciated!

It should work, just be careful with angelfish if they pair off and decide to mate. They can get a bit aggressive, especially after eggs are laid.

It should work, just be careful with angelfish if they pair off and decide to mate. They can get a bit aggressive, especially after eggs are laid.

Agreed. A mated pair might try to claim and defend a third of that tank. :eek:

As for a school of larger tetras, Bleeding Heart tetras are beautiful and big enough to not become snacks for the angels.

And post pics when it's up and running! :popcorn:

I second the bleeding heart tetras!! Very beautiful and fairly chill. They don’t tend to hassle anybody but also aren’t afraid to hold their own!

I've been thinking....
What about keeping...
Pair of blue acara
Pair of Red head tapajos
Rainbows for the top
Bigger tetra for the middle
Cory cats got the bottom

Blue acara and red head tapajos coexist??

Back
Top Bottom