55g Tank Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dopey07

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys just getting started on my upgraded tank. I actually just picked up my canopy from my LFS and still need to paint it black to match my stand. As for equipment:
-Wet Dry system with a Rio Pump: As for the bio balls in the wet dry I am trading the current bio balls (the new ones) with the LFS for some bio balls which already are cycled and havee bacteria on them. This should speed up my cycle.
-T5 HO 216w (Still waiting for them to come in)
-Still am yet to purchase any power heads.. open to suggestions.

Tom i will be filling the tank with fresh water and mixing salt and letting it run for a couple hours, then I will put my sand bed tommorow night. Along with some cured live rock from my other tank. The cycle in this tank should go relatively fast.

I will update a photo of everything tommorow :)

Suggestions are always welcomed!! :band:

This morning i woke up early and filled my tank with Fresh water, and mixed the salt in with it.. im letting the tank run till tonight, which will be about 10 hours period of letting it completely mix.

Tonight i will add my sand bed to the tank :)

Tank with no canopyy :)
img_1185856_0_17a4fdd33cec7630eb310378553eb3fa.jpg

Tank with canopy that i recieved yesterday :) (Still need to paint black)
img_1185856_1_061633d8ae7f0d57303697f3e82e5864.jpg

The tank looks good! :) I'd go with Koralias for the powerheads. What fish are you planning to keep?

Back
Top Bottom