75 gallon reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol no I guess not. Just usually after 4 posts and pictures someone will make some kind of comment. With the blenny I have tried algae sheets with garlic, prime cubes, frozen mysis shrimp, small pellets, and sinking pellets. He does terrorize my snails though. He attacks the tubes coming out of the nassarius snails.

My bicolor blenny attacks my nassarius snails too!! He actually take bites out of them when they come out during feeding. I think he might nip at their tubes too since they always seem short.

Maybe try some blood worms for the blenny, or a different type of algae.

I found this info on liveaquaria.com. Interesting info. Says they are venomous. Includes diet info.

"This blenny needs a minimum tank of 30 gallons with live rock for hunting and grazing in order to thrive. It is best to keep only one per tank unless a breeding pair is maintained. If attacked by other fish, the Canary Blenny will retaliate by biting the inside of the mouth of the attacker. The Canary Blenny is considered venomous and should be kept only with caution around children having tank access since it may perceive fingers as an attacker and deliver a similarly painful bite. The diet of the Canary Blenny should consist of finely chopped crustacean flesh, mysis and vitamin-enriched brine shrimp as well as frozen herbivore preparations."

I think I will try the blood worms... Any health issues with using them?

Good, may pick up some tomorrow. Also thinking about picking up a six line, are they as mean as I have heard?

i haven't had any mean ones, but just remember that they will eat pods. if you plan on any pod eating fish later on (like a dragonet) i would skip any wrasse.

Yea hmm I'm not sure. I put a bottle of pods in my tank and I have never seen any after that.

I need to get a filtersock for the end of my PVC overflow, mainly for bigger stuff. I want to make sure it doesn't affect the flow any. I see 100 and 200 micron. Just wondering which you guys recommend? I am also going to start looking for a protein skimmer and split my sump into sections.

if your looking for an insump skimmer look at getting a reef octopus i got one in my sump and i love it

So I have 22" from the bottom of my sump to the bottom of my display tank. Is this to small for a skimmer? I can take the bottom out of my stand and increase it to 24 1/2" if I have to. Do the skimmer cups lift off or do they slide to the slide? Also anyone know about my filtersock question?

I have never seen a cup that slid out side to side. Most pull from top. But maybe there is one.

Got some awesome stuff today. Six line wrasse, green ricordia, blue mushroom, and some zoas.

Awesome coral pics or this didn't happen :lol:

Seriously though, softies and LPS have my heart, gotta see these beauts

Fine...
img_1340631_0_a2d036efb9f035110b1d1576e3c3e19a.jpg
[/IMG]

img_1340631_1_9593aa8b351600ffc9a0d80d665472aa.jpg
[/IMG]

img_1340631_2_152a88d92f562adf877aec81fc17ea65.jpg
[/IMG]

img_1340631_3_102d7688e93865d7696d29b9e89ef1e2.jpg
[/IMG]

I have only superglued the zoas... and I did not think it was easy. I used loctite superglue gel. Will they cover the superglue mess?

Back
Top Bottom