75 gallon reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, so are there different models of the 1050? I heard people talk about koralia 1's and 2's. Are there others? Which one should I get?

There are Koralia 1, 2, 3s. The new Koralia Evolutions are numbered by GPH (250, 750, 1050, and 1400) and they're smaller and use about half the amount of energy. Mine run almost silent, I definitely recommend them.

There are Koralia 1, 2, 3s. The new Koralia Evolutions are numbered by GPH (250, 750, 1050, and 1400) and they're smaller and use about half the amount of energy. Mine run almost silent, I definitely recommend them.

Thanks man, ordering a 1050

i have two of those 1050s in my 55G makes a real nice current

Yea, I have a koralia 750, a cheapo 240, and my two returns from my mag 7.

they aren't smaller than the seio pumps. about the same really. and no, they don't rotate.

Do they have any that rotate? Seems like it would be a good idea to keep the flow changing and all.

there is a return pump called a sea swirl, that rotates. there are also adapters you can put on maxijet pumps or pumps with a similar "tubular" output, called "hydor flow rotating water deflector", but nothing like a wide spread pump that moves back and forth like a koralia or similar.
that's why wave makers are popular. turning on multiple pumps at different intervals makes for a nice, random turbulence.
also check into the vortech pumps bt ecotech marine. very pricy, but pretty cool features.

they aren't smaller than the seio pumps. about the same really. and no, they don't rotate.

I was talking about the newer Evolutions compared to the Koralia 1,2,3s. I wanted to get a small rotating PH just for behind the LR eventually, so I'll consider the seios

i don't know about the evolutions, but i just got a used magnum, and no cutting edge technology was used to design that pump- it's huge!

I have a clown constantly chasing my new canary blenny when it come out of the rock work. (another thread)

Today I set up my old 10 gallon. I plan on putting the clown in there for a while the let the blenny come out of hiding. I will also add a couple peaceful fish to the 75 while the bully is out, then introduce him back into the tank later.

Also, I moved all my rock around, I'll post a pic later today.

Traded my clown in for a couple small ones, they are almost joined at the hip or fin I guess. I also got my koralia 1050 in. My blenny is swimming around and glad to be free from the rock cave. He is very skinny though, I rarely see him eat and its only been a single bite of food.

New aquascape...
img_1327796_0_ef8a0d144b0493471e15a2eccab6c1c7.jpg
[/IMG]

Skinny Blenny...
img_1327796_1_bd8bd66550e31d25d60a14bdd1ac0b1e.jpg
[/IMG]

New clowns...
img_1327796_2_206c58acb6e68ba975fcf46f2fb50c7c.jpg
[/IMG]

really nobody? I have a bad feeling about my blenny. Looks as though is belly is sucked in.

lol no I guess not. Just usually after 4 posts and pictures someone will make some kind of comment. With the blenny I have tried algae sheets with garlic, prime cubes, frozen mysis shrimp, small pellets, and sinking pellets. He does terrorize my snails though. He attacks the tubes coming out of the nassarius snails.

Back
Top Bottom