75 gallon reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay finally finished reading the whole thread, pheww haha looks really good though! Love the new rock you got and the new light for sure.

Umm i think that salt is not the greatest for corals because of its lower calcium but I can't really remember haha its been awhile since i researched salt. It might be just fine with the corals you plan to start off with since they are all pretty hardy.

I got a green star polyp frag and it seems to be doing good. It opened the first day. It is on one of those plugs though. Can I chop off the bottom of the plug and then superglue it to my rock.

IO Reef has additional calcium, magnesium and strontium. I have been doing well with it.

Invest in an auto top off

side note: I also am setting up a tank in my basement to breed clowns

I test my calcium and keep it between 450-500
from just instant ocean water changes? if that's what you are saying, then i would invest in a more accurate calcium test kit, because the one you have is off quite a bit.
if you are adding calcium to the water, make sure you are adding an alk buffer as well.
i really don't think you need to add anything to the water if you use a reef grade salt mix, like the "reef crystals" brand mentioned or some other.
if you use the regular instant ocean salt mix, you'll need to add to it in order to get it close to NSW.

I do dose with calcium, However I am not adding an alk buffer. I'll see if my lfs or pet stores have another kind of salt

when you add calcium to the tank the alk is effected. a true calcium level of 500 should bring your alk to 4-5 or so.

Bought a frospawn, mushrooms, zoas, more gsp's and about 5lbs live rock today for $30.

Ive been looking at a canary blenny at my LFS. Thinking about picking him up

I like the canary blenny, I bought a midas blenny a little while ago. He has become my favorite part of the tank. The way that the canary and midas swim is interesting to watch.

Going to trade my bullet goby in for the canary blenny tomorrow if I can catch him. He is dropping sand all over my live rock and new corals.

Ok got my bullet traded today for a awesome looking canary blenny. I had to tear apart my whole tank to get him out. So... my rock looks a little different. I managed to keep the arch though.

Anyone have a suggestion for another PH, I need one more. I have a 750 koralia that is as powerful as a cheap 240gph powerhead that I have. Are some koralias better than others?

Anyone have a suggestion for another PH, I need one more. I have a 750 koralia that is as powerful as a cheap 240gph powerhead that I have. Are some koralias better than others?

I have two 1050s in my 55g and they move a lot of water. I purchased mine on Ebay, $78 for the pair.

Ok, so are there different models of the 1050? I heard people talk about koralia 1's and 2's. Are there others? Which one should I get?

Back
Top Bottom