Any experience with Falco Hawkfish ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry that my post was hard to follow. I'm at work and I was rushed lol.

So what would you rather have. Cool fish that are not invert friendly, or invters. I seem to be running into the problem a lot lately where I see a fish I really like, but they either are not reef safe or are bad with inverts.

It really depends on the fish, I have seen hermits go right by our hawkfish and he couldn't care less. Its the same with dwarf angels, you might get one that nips at your coral, you might not.

It really depends on the fish, I have seen hermits go right by our hawkfish and he couldn't care less. Its the same with dwarf angels, you might get one that nips at your coral, you might not.

Yeah. hermits I wouldnt really mind as much, but my peppermint and soon to be cleaner shrimp I dont want him picking at. Decisions decisions....

my pepps and cleaning shrimp did battle for awhile till the cleaner molted and got huge. Then he banished them to the corner pile of LR. Pretty funny stuff.

It's not a matter of inverts verses invert killing fish. If you like a reef setup then no fish with caution....I think that is a selling or marketing phrase. All caution fish will eventurally eat inverts, corals and the like. You have to look at where the fish feeds and decide on it that way. You can't stop evolution.

So what would you guys rather have? Inverts? Or Invert killing fish?

It does not have to be that way. I have a reef, inverts and fish all living together in harmony. Just have to pick the right combination.

Back
Top Bottom