Black jellyfish?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Abiroad

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was at my LFS and they have this tiny little black jelly fish! It was only 20 and it was so fun to watch. They were busy and I was in a hurry so I didn't ask about it. But when I came home to research I am coming up with very little info.
Anyone heard of these? What kind of care? Experience?

image-3081301772.jpg

image-1541416699.jpg

so hard to find info!
I'm going by the LFS word...which mildly concerns me.
But they are saying i could keep him by himself in a pico with not too many problems.
Objections?

so hard to find info!
I'm going by the LFS word...which mildly concerns me.
But they are saying i could keep him by himself in a pico with not too many problems.
Objections?

if jellyfish touch the glass they can die and they are very difficult to care for. you have to have a tank with circular water motion to keep them from touching the glass

That is all i have read. However, they have him in a biocube. and he bops the glass. and they have very little flow in their. He moves around almost like a fish though. He swims to one side, changes directions, swims slower/faster.

Are there different kinds of jellies?

I mean i know their are different kinds...but i mean ones that are easier to care for? I cant find anything about black jellies. He also doesnt have long tentacles at all.

That is all i have read. However, they have him in a biocube. and he bops the glass. and they have very little flow in their. He moves around almost like a fish though. He swims to one side, changes directions, swims slower/faster.

Are there different kinds of jellies?

some kind of jellies actually arent jellyfish, they are floating button polyps. for a reference you can look up the blue button jelly from florida its actually coral, maybe thats what the black one you saw is just a different kind

those are really cool! but not what i saw i don't think. They had it labeled as a jelly fish. I'm not sure! I really wish they had more information on animals that they sell.

Back
Top Bottom